Peninsula Volunteers, Inc
Peninsula Volunteers, Inc. has provided service for 65 years and has led the nation in developing programs and properties to support the welfare of the senior members of the community. It is a visionary service organization that raises funds to provide seniors with over $5 million annually in services designed to enhance and enrich their lives. Peninsula Volunteers prepares and delivers over 1,300 hot meals every week to the homebound through Meals on Wheels, and impacts over 4,500 households through programs at Little House, the Roslyn G. Morris Activity Center, Rosener House Adult Day Services, and low cost housing at Crane Place and Partridge-Kennedy Apartments. As a pioneer and leader in senior services development, Peninsula Volunteers' accomplishments include:
- The first volunteer organization to develop and build low-income senior housing in the U.S. - Partridge-Kennedy Apartments.
- Opened and funded Menlo Park's Little House, the Roslyn G. Morris Activity Center, the first suburban senior center in the U.S.
- Built and funded the $3 million Rosener House, a leading provider of adult day services.
- Built and owns Crane Place, 93 units for limited income residents in Menlo Park, California.
- Provides almost 82% of the low income senior housing in Menlo Park, California.